Lockton Private Clients understands why we collect passion assets and we have written plenty on this subject, from classic cars to fine wine and watches.
We are pleased to announce the next in our series of webinars, co-hosted with Bonhams, exploring the world of the collectable and discussing the latest trends, including what is new and how best to protect the things you care about.
The themes that will be covered are as follows.
- Collectables - a new world. The rise in online auctions has driven global interest in collectables. From watches to whisky and classic cars to contemporary art, we will look at the way the sector has expended.
- The expanding collectables market. The established collectors' sectors have been challenged in recent years by new and exciting themes and we will be discussing some of these and their impact.
- Exciting new collectables – what they are and how to protect them. We will look at some of the new world in a bit more detail, what to buy, what to avoid and how to protect your collectables.
- What makes a collector collect – passion or investment? Fine art and classic cars are examples of collectables that are recognised as a 'good investment' and we will dig a little deeper into collecting for financial return or because it is something that you love – or perhaps, both.
- Inside the mindset of a collector – What makes them tick? There are many things that drive us to collect. It might be a passion for the subject, the thrill of the hunt or a particular theme – we will talk about all of these drivers.
We are delighted to be co-hosting this webinar with Harvey Cammell, Deputy Chairman of Bonhams UK and Global Director of Valuations, Trusts & Estates. He and Lockton's Charles Hamilton-Stubber will be talking about the world of the collector and how both Bonhams and Lockton have responded to changing market trends and consumer profiles.
The webinar will be aired on the 29 June at 2pm and you can register here.